TONI CATHERINE OWEN
BBS - CA - IoD - Prof Trustee
Toni was born in Palmerston North and moved to the Eastern Bay of Plenty in 1970. Toni and her husband Darrel live in a coastal suburb of Whakatane. They have two adult children, and two grandchildren.
· Is a Board member and Treasurer of the East BOP Chamber of Commerce
· Is a Trustee of the Te Aka Toitu Trust, which aims to make technology available to children from low decile schools
· Has held positions as Chairman of the Kawerau Enterprise Agency, Life Education Trust and was a founding executive member of the Eastern BOP Chamber of Commerce
· Has also been actively involved in squash, junior hockey, gymnastics, primary school BOT, Plunket and Kindergarten committees.
Current Governance Positions
Director of Focus Chartered Accountants Limited in Whakatane
· Specialises in Strategic, Business and Succession Planning for a wide range of professional, rural and commercial clients
· Is a member of Chartered Accounts of ANZ, NZ Trustees Association (Professional Trustee) and NZ Institute of Directors
· Is a Professional Trustee of many Family Trusts.
Previous Governance Positions held
Director of NZCA Limited (Nov 2012 – Nov 2015
A National Network of Chartered Accountancy business, of which Focus Chartered Accountants is a member.
Director of Energy Options Limited (April 2011 – Jul 2012)
Where she assisted the Chairman in the orderly sale of the business and wind up or the company.
Director of ECCA (Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority) (Oct 2007 – Nov 2010)
A Crown Entity providing energy related advice, Advocacy and solutions to New Zealand where Toni was the Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee
Trustee of the Eastern Bay Energy Trust from the first elections in October 1995, and Chairman from 1999 through until May 2006.
During this time she:-
· Was directly involved in leading the Trust acquisition of shares in Horizon Energy Distribution Limited from United Networks Limited in 1999, following the sale of the retail and generation assets of the former Bay of Plenty Electricity Limited
· Worked closely with Auckland based Legal, Commercial and Public Relations Advisors analysing strategic assets ownership proposals
· Negotiated with key stakeholders, including legal advisors, Horizon Directors and local consumers to initiate required changes to the Trust Deed
· Initiated and led the acquisition of a retrofit business to undertake energy efficiency work on behalf of the Trust
· Grew the profile of the Trust as a National Leader in developing and implementing energy efficiency initiatives through its subsidiary company Energy Options Limited
· Worked with Directors and Trustees to develop a strategy for the future growth of the Trust and the development of the Trust as a key stakeholder and player in Regional Economic Development
· Was a member of the Energy Trusts of New Zealand Executive
Email Toni: firstname.lastname@example.org